Business & Equipment Lease Structures Available
StepUp now is capable of providing your company with equipment lease structures to help meet your business needs.
Equipment Finance Agreements
A finance lease is a full-payout, non-cancelable agreement, in which the lessee is responsible for maintenance, taxes and insurance. Finance leases are most attractive in cases where the lessee wants the tax benefits of ownership or expects the equipment’s residual value to be high. These leases are structured as equipment financing agreements with residuals up to 10 percent. The lessee purchases the equipment upon lease termination at a pre-agreed amount. The term of a finance lease tends to be longer, nearly covering the useful life of the equipment.
This type of lease classified and accounted for by a lessee as a purchase and by the lessor as a sale or financing, if it meets any one of the following criteria: (a) the lessor transfers ownership to the lessee at the end of the lease term; (b) the lease contains an option to purchase the asset at a bargain price; (c) the lease term is equal to 75 percent or more of the estimated economic life of the property (exceptions for used property leased toward the end of its useful life); or (d) the present value of minimum lease rental payments is equal to 90 percent or more of the fair market value of the leased asset less related investment tax credits retained by the lessor.
An operating lease is particularly attractive to companies that continually update or replace equipment and want to use equipment without ownership, but also want to return equipment at lease-end and avoid technological obsolescence.
A lease, wherein, the lessor recognizes the tax incentives provided by tax laws for both investment and ownership of equipment. Generally, the lease rate factor on tax leases is reduced to reflect the lessor’s recognition of this tax incentive.
Payment Structures Available for Commercial Equipment Leasing, Financing, & Unsecured Business Loans
StepUp offers a wide array of commercial equipment leasing, financing and unsecured business loans to meet the different needs of each business. StepUp leases and loans fall under these categories:
Get your equipment now and make no payments for 90 days! Our deferred payment lease program offers your business the opportunity to avoid initial lease payments while getting your equipment up and running. Allow your equipment to begin producing revenue prior to making your first scheduled payment.
- This program allows for a payment moratorium at lease inception.
- The deferral period is typically 90 days from acceptance, but can extend as long as 6 months.
- Deferred payment programs help offset the break-in, set up and training requirements associated with new equipment purchases.
- Gives you the ability to generate revenues prior to making payments.
Seasonal/Skipped Payments Accommodate Slow Periods Our diverse portfolio, aggressive financial structures and competitive pricing will ensure your next equipment financing experience will have the best options available.
- Skip payment programs permit payment reductions and abatements during seasonal businesses’ slow periods.
- Seasonal businesses can then match larger payments with periods during the year in which more cash is generated.
- Another form of a skip payment program would be a quarterly or semi-annual payment option.
Types of Leases & Loans
StepUp offers a wide array of equipment leases, financing and unsecured business loans to meet the different needs of each business. These leases and loans fall under these main categories:
Application-Only Equipment Leases & Business Loans
For businesses that need a quick and simple solution, Our Application-Only program is the way to go. With a One-Page application, businesses can obtain up to $150,000 in financing, usually within 4 hours. A simple credit evaluation is conducted using commercial and personal credit bureaus depending on the size and ownership structure of the business.
- Transaction size – $5,000 – $150,000
- Application – 1 page application to review business or consumer credit reports
- Term length – 24-84 months
- Residual Options – Dollar Buyouts, 10% to 25% PUTS & Fair Market Value purchase options.
- Payment types – Monthly, Quarterly, Seasonal, Cash Flow Based
- Documentation – StepUp Plain English Lease Agreement or an Equipment Finance Agreement
- Equipment types – Most new or used business equipment, furniture, vehicles, software, etc.
Commercial Equipment Leasing
StepUp’s Commercial Finance Division specializes in working with established middle market companies seeking well-planned, custom tailored financial solutions for their equipment needs. Our experienced professionals have the skills to develop comprehensive finance packages from $100,000 to $5 million. Our diverse portfolio, aggressive financial structures and competitive pricing will ensure your next equipment financing experience will have the best options available.
- Transaction size – $100,000 – $5,000,000
- Application – Full financial package ◦ Term length – 24-84 months
- Buy outs – Fair Market Value, $1, 10%, Balloon Payment