Stepup Scaffold is proud of its diverse workforce made up of motivated employees who support and contribute to this company. We seek people committed to excellence with talent, skill, innovation and experience. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and a challenging working environment based on trust, teamwork, discipline, integrity and results-driven focus to achieve positive outcomes.
Stepup Scaffold is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages American Veterans to apply for all positions we post.
For consideration, please send your resume and salary history via email with the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line to:
Human Resources Dept.
2005 Fletcher Creek Dr.
Memphis, TN 38133
jobs [at] sunshinet [dot] com
Open Positions - USA
Operations Manager - (Los Angeles Branch Office)
(Whittier, California - StepUp Scaffold LA Branch)
Position: Operations Manager - (Los Angeles Branch Office)
Based: Whittier, California
Working Hours: Mon-Fri (8am - 5 pm)
Salary: Competitive Salary and Complete Fringe Benefit Package
Since 1998, StepUp Scaffold has been providing quality scaffolding products in the North American market. STEPUP branded scaffolding products are made with Quality in mind through all phases of manufacturing; raw material selection, material preparation, welding, finishing, and packaging. The Six-Sigma based QA/QC system in Stepup’s manufacturing plant has enabled StepUp scaffolding products to meet or exceed the industry standards and OSHA requirements consistently. Due to increased client demands and business growth, we are recruiting for several new opportunities with our company. We are proud of our diverse workforce made up of motivated employees who support and contribute to this company. We seek people committed to excellence with talent, skills, innovation and experience. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit package and a challenging working environment based on trust, teamwork, discipline, integrity and results-driven focus to achieve positive outcome.
StepUp is an equal-opportunity employer.
Operations Manager – Branch Office Location
The Operations Manager manages the overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, inventory and safety measures as established and set for the operations team. This individual works with the General Operations Manager to enhance the operational procedures, systems, practices and principles in the area of information flow and management of the yard and/or warehouse.
Examples of duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage outdoor yard operations to ensure daily goals and scheduled tasks are completed within an expected time period according to safety expectations, standard work processes, and company policies and procedures
- Form alternative plans when unscheduled disruptions occur to operations and implement immediate counter measures and communicate results to departmental leadership.
- Ensure all inbound shipments are accurately counted and any discrepancies are communicated immediately
- Perform weekly inventory audits to insure there is an accurate inventory at all times.
- Monitor all products being put a way to ensure accuracy and proper warehouse organization
- Monitor all picking and staging of orders to insure the accuracy of the count and the quality of the product be shipped to a customer
- Monitor all loading of trailers to ensure the accuracy of the order and that products are properly braced and the trailer is loaded according to D.O.T weight distribution guidelines.
- Work with the General Operation Manager to establish process improvements, and establish measures to ensure the company falls below the established budget
- Working directly with leads to ensure new hires and temporary workers are trained on company, building, department and standard work processes and expectations. Provide administrative assistance as needed
- Monitor and audit floor work to ensure that it is being performed properly and materials are being used as they should be
- Motivate, develop, train and direct people as they work
- With manager conduct performance reviews and take corrective action when necessary to recommend additional training, discipline or developmental opportunities
- Enforce all policies, procedures, practices, including safety
- Establish the 5s methodology to ensure proper housekeeping measures are met.
- Interview applicants for department positions and make recommendations for hire
- Assist in maintaining service levels by providing direct support
- Properly maintain the building so that the standard maintenance is performed regularly. Seek out and negotiate with vendor on any repairs that are needed.
- Properly maintain the equipment such forklift and other tools needed to perform duties. Seek out and negotiate with vendors on any repairs that are needed
- Associate Degree in management or a related field & 2 years of operations management experience is preferred
- High School Diploma with a minimum of 4 years operations management work experience in a yard and/or warehouse environment
- Must possess good time management, organization, verbal & written communication, basic computer/Microsoft office skills
This is a full time salaried position with a competitive salary and complete fringe benefit package.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your Resume and Cover letter to jobs [at] sunshinet [dot] com or gusgipson [at] sunshinet [dot] com.
No phone calls, please.