StepUp Scaffold is proud of its diverse workforce made up of motivated employees who support and contribute to this company. We seek people committed to excellence with talent, skill, innovation and experience. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and a challenging working environment based on trust, teamwork, discipline, integrity and results-driven focus to achieve positive outcomes.
StepUp Scaffold is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages American Veterans to apply for all positions we post.
Current Openings - USA
Quality Control Engineer - Memphis, Tennessee
Are you looking for an entry level Quality Control Engineering position? Are you a Quality Engineering technical support candidate looking to start and/or take the next step in your career? If so, StepUp Scaffold is looking for a passionate entry level Quality Control Engineer that will advocate for quality and usability of our products. The successful candidate must be eager to learn how to be a strong business partner for our product and manufacturing teams.
Since our founding 1998, Sunshine Enterprise focuses on the wholesale and distribution of Chinese construction and industrial equipment in North America, Latin America, the United Kingdom & Europe. Our US Headquarters resides in Memphis, Tennessee. Sunshine Enterprise's two portfolio companies, include StepUp Scaffold and Heli America's which give Sunshine a competitive advantage by sharing resources and utilizing its strong infrastructure and foundation in both the US and China to minimize the overhead. Our mission to create value for our employees, customers, and vendors by bridging the differences between the US and China manufacturing. In short, Sunshine has been recognized numerous times by a number of distinguished organizations for these successful business practices and is awarded as one of the fastest growing companies in our industry.
Location of Position: Memphis, TN Corporate Headquarters
Working Hours: Mon-Fri (8am - 5pm)
Report To: Chief Engineer
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, StepUp Scaffold, this role is responsible for ensuring that products meet or exceed quality and efficiency standards set by the company. Serve as the liaison between the Chinese Manufacturing Plant & the organization’s Chief Engineer.
Under close supervision by the Chief Engineer
- Will oversee inspection, testing and sampling of all scope products
- Identify and implement continuous QC improvement initiatives, processes and productivity
- Observe and monitor production operation steps to ensure conformance to specifications and coordinate necessary process or assembly adjustments
- Maintain highest quality control standards in accordance with existing quality control plans
- Support engineering efforts to solve issues quickly and efficiently as possible
- Be a strong advocate of quality in our product
- Strong work ethic and a desire to learn new processes and/or systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a quality technically curious mind
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, self-directed, and accountable to timelines
- Uncompromising attention to details and commitment to quality
- Ability to travel internationally (25% - 35%)
- Fluent in English & Chinese, both verbal & written is required & a must
Bachelor’s Degree in Quality Engineering, Industrial Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, or Mechanical Engineering with Quality Control or Manufacturing focus. This is an entry level position normally held by a recent engineering graduate. Related experience is a plus, but not required.
This is a full time salaried position with a competitive salary, with a complete fringe benefit package.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job Type: Full-time
Click here to apply or email your resume to gusgipson [at] sunshinet [dot] com
For consideration, please send your resume and salary history via email with the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line to:
StepUp Scaffold, a Sunshine Enterprise Company
Mr. Gus Gipson
Human Resources Dept.
2005 Fletcher Creek Dr.
Memphis, TN 38133
email: gusgipson [at] sunshinet [dot] com or jobs [at] sunshinet [dot] com